Chicken Hot & Sour Soup
Here is a delicious recipe of the most comforting and nutritious food for winter. Enjoy!
- 2 cups Boneless Chicken
- 1 tbsp
- 1 cup Carrots (chopped)
- 1 cup Corn
- 1/2 cup Green Pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup Lettuce (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Green Onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 4 Chicken Cubes
- 4 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- Salt If needed
- 1 tbsp Crushed Black pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tbsp Corn Starch
- 6 cups Water
- 2 Spicy Green Pepper
- 1/2 White Vinegar
- Chilly Sauce To taste
- Slice 2 spicy green peppers thinly and add them to 1/2 cup of white vinegar. Let it soak until you get your soup ready.
- I usually prefer chicken thighs over chicken breasts when it comes to making anything with boneless chicken. I find chicken thigh to be moist while chicken breast to be very dry. Cut small and think strips of boneless chicken.
- In a pan, put 2 tbsp of oil and let it warm. Now add chicken and crushed garlic and cook on high until the chicken changes its color.
- Add green pepper, white part of green onion, carrots and corn and stir fry for a minute.
- Now add water in the pan and cover the lid. Let it simmer on medium- low for about 15 minutes. At this point, you will end up with a delicious and nutritious chicken and vegetable stock.
- Add chicken cubes, Soya Sauce, vinegar and black pepper.
- Add salt only if needed since soya salt and chicken cubes already have salt.
- Add green part of green onion and lettuce in the soup. Let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- Mix corn starch with water well and pour it slowly into the soup while you stir continuously. Soup’s consistency should not be too thick or too thin.
- Beat eggs very well in a small bowl and pour them slowly all over the soup. Stir very slowly with a light hand. Once the egg cooks inside the soup cover the lid and let it simmer on medium for 2 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with two sides of green pepper and vinegar, and chilly sauce. Add individually according to taste.
Enjoy the hot and yummy appetizer for your winter nights.